Ugrás tartalomra

Üdvözlünk a Bikemag Fórumon!
Fórumunk bejegyzéseit regisztráció nélkül is olvashatod, ha hozzá kívánsz szólni a fórumhoz, kérjük regisztrálj!
Jelentkezz be Regisztrálj
Kép

Bender 34 méteres ugrása

- - - - -

• Lépj be és szólj hozzá
159 hozzászólás a témában

KillerTom

KillerTom

fórumfüggõ

• fórumtag
  • 1.570 hozzászólás
It seems that a need to push the edge of extreme sports runs deep in the Bender blood. While Josh Bender has been boldly going where no mountain biker has gone before, his older brother Dusty Bender has been scaling an inimitable route in the world of rock climbing. A soft-spoken but powerful climber based in Durango, Colorado, Dusty is legendary for his ability to “on-sight” phenomenally difficult (5.12/5.13) climbs, and has claimed many first ascents in Alaska, Colorado, California, and Utah.

Psychology students around the world would have a heyday analyzing the Bender brothers. Undoubtedly, their first point of deliberation would revolve around the classic “nature vs. nurture” debate. Are Josh and Dusty equal parts physically talented and slightly insane because they were born that way, that is to say, it’s in their blood? Or, is it attributed to the fact that they hail from the rugged land of the Great White North, and I do mean North … North Pole, Alaska, in fact.

There’s plenty of evidence to support the view that Alaskans are just hard core people. It only stands to reason that, after growing up in a place where you have to survive intense weather, impenetrable mountains, carnivorous animals, and months of sustained darkness, life in the “lower-48” just isn’t that challenging.

“We haven’t spent much time down here,” says Josh. “Dusty first came to Durango in 1992, and I made it down 1994.
Life in the continental U.S. is great, but it’s very mellow, by comparison.”

Hence, Dusty, now 28, and Josh, 26, find it necessary to stir things up wherever they go.

“There’s an understanding between us that we’re always going to raise the ante a few notches,” says Dusty.
“In almost any given situation, I know that Josh is the only person willing to go as far as I am to take things to the next level.”

Dusty and Josh share a sort of spiritual link that is indescribable. Their energies are strikingly similar, and as a result, they are both often described by mere mortals as “not normal.”

All of which lends credence to the argument that their super-human abilities derive not from geographic origin, but from some genetically innate lunacy.
Obviously, not everyone from Alaska turns out to be hard core adrenaline/herb fueled adventure monks.

There’s just something different about the brothers Bender.

Whatever the cause, it’s an interesting observation that, when considered in tandem, the brothers represent a natural yin and yan in the world of gravity sports: Josh focusing on going down as fast as possible, Dusty focusing on going up. Together, they achieve a perfect balance of gravitational forces, at the center of which they sit calmly like bodhisattva on a bike, (or boulder, depending on the Bender) contemplating the ramifications of possibility.

tamaska

tamaska

Beast of the East

• globális moderátor
  • 19.996 hozzászólás
most van vele egy riport a német BIKE-ban, és ott azt mondja, hogy 30 méter fölé nem akar menni, mert azt már szerinte se bírnák ki az izmai+csontjai. De vannak érdekes képek... pölö mikor 3-4 centi vastagságban szigetelõszalagot teker a bokájára, nehogy kificamodjon... tiszta elõvigyázatosság ez az ember... 8)

Major_lacika

Major_lacika

törzsvendég

• fórumtag
  • 338 hozzászólás
SZVSZ abszolúúút, de abszolút nem normális ez az ember!

KillerTom

KillerTom

fórumfüggõ

• fórumtag
  • 1.570 hozzászólás
frissen ugyan de regrol egy interview feleseg ...

Mind Bender

Freeride mountain biker Josh Bender lives over the edge but claims he's no crash-test dummy

More SI Adventure Master Stroke Mind Bender Inside Out Murphy's Law SIA Archive

As the sun begins to clear the top of the mesa canyons, Josh Bender throws back a swig of Red Bull and slaps Ben-Gay on his arms. Sitting on his Karpiel Apocalypse, which is suped up with full front and rear suspension, he studies the dusty red abyss below and, without fanfare, yanks on the handles and from a near stationary position throws himself over a 40-foot cliff.

Asked why anyone would do such a thing, Bender, 27, replies, [/"I do it because it's there." That cliché has worked for the thousands who have climbed Mount Everest, but few have dared to hurl themselves over a precipice on a mountain bike for the sake of big air.

A brazen 5'6" version of Fred Durst, Bender admits that in the less-than-sane sport of freeride mountain biking, he's as crazy as they come." [/"My brain got rewired somehow," he says. "I'm on a totally different level. Other guys won't try anything beyond 20 feet. No one gets what I'm doing. For me, the sky is wide open." His cult success has prompted biking fans to call any gnarly, mangling act "a Bender."

He started pushing the limits of extreme freeriding 2 1/2 years ago, when he hucked himself off 15-foot drops, crushing a dozen $199 bikes that he'd bought in bulk from Costco (Each was smashed after one jump.) Bender holds the freeriding record with a 60-foot jump off the Jah Drop in Kamloops,

B.C., and says his goal is to stick a 100-footer. (His bike is now modified with special shocks and springs.) Just for the hell of it he also plans next year to duplicate three of Evel Knievel's stunts -- clearing the fountains at Caesars Palace, 14 Greyhound buses in Canton, Ohio, and 13 buses at Wembley Stadium in London. The plan is for him to be towed by motorcycle and to release the rope about 20 feet before the jumps.

Bender says he has [/"been on the extreme since birth," and that he and his older brother, Dusty, have always loved bikes and "pushing the limits." At age 18 Bender left his hometown in North Pole, Alaska, to study at Fort Lewis College (Durango, Colo.), which had awarded him an academic scholarship. (He's 24 credits shy of a degree in criminal psychology.) An accomplished kayaker and downhill skier, he finally settled in Virgin, Utah, 10 miles south of Zion National Park, because of its big air zones and creative energy. [/"If I die on a bike, it will be plain stupidity," he says. "I plan on having a long, fulfilling life. When I die, I'll do it on my own terms, in a nice, warm bed when I'm sleeping."

lor

lor

phorumus maximus

• globális moderátor
  • 24.199 hozzászólás
mindig vannak olyan emberek akiknek iszonyat nagy szerencsejuk van. ugy is mondhatnam, hogy te ott ulsz a gep elott es mi van ha epp MOST vag agyon az aram vagy egy eltevedt golyo berepul a falon at es atszurja a szived!!!
van aki szerencses van aki nem.
aki nem ne eroltesse a dolgot!!!
akinek van az meg ne kisetse!!!

yanee

yanee

vendég

• fórumtag
  • 203 hozzászólás
az igaz, hogy barmikor meghalhat. de ennek télleg mákja van mindig...hülye és kész. amugy aki nézi a vv-t (valoságshow-t) az ági a mi utcánkban lakik ;D

tbertalan

tbertalan

törzsvendég

• fórumtag
  • 1.436 hozzászólás
lehet hamarabb is bármelyik ugrásnál meghallhat. De valahogy nagyon szerencsésen esiik mindig!

yanee

yanee

vendég

• fórumtag
  • 203 hozzászólás
Melyik ugrásnál vitték korházba? ami a n.w.d 1-ben volt? azt mondta a 2 ben, hogy majdnem meghalt, akkor azt nem értem, hogy idén miért ugrik le 3szor... egy szétnyílik a bukó, aztán fejre áll és elõreszaltó, meg egyszerûen csak elvágódik... ez télleg beteg, és pár éven belül szentem belehal ::)

ruff

ruff

törzsvendég

• fórumtag
  • 784 hozzászólás

már atttol fáj a lábam ha 3m röl leugrok... vagy 2 röl szarul.... ÉS AKKOR EZ? ejtöernyövel sem       amugy ez a csávo bolond?  

ezt úgy mondtad, mintha neki nem fájt volna. oda van í§a, hogy komoly sérülésekkel kórházba szállították ;)

mbalazs

mbalazs

törzsvendég

• fórumtag
  • 349 hozzászólás
szerintem elõbb utobb azt fogjuk hallani a hírekbõl hogy bender halott... :-/

tbertalan

tbertalan

törzsvendég

• fórumtag
  • 1.436 hozzászólás
mért lenen az??  ;D

David007

David007

törzsvendég

• fórumtag
  • 970 hozzászólás
már atttol fáj a lábam ha 3m röl leugrok... vagy 2 röl szarul.... ÉS AKKOR EZ???? ejtöernyövel sem :o      amugy ez a csávo bolond? :D

Astro

Astro

vendég

• fórumtag
  • 69 hozzászólás
Ez a srác egy állat.
mennyi lehet az életbiztosítása? :)

iljicS

iljicS

zsonglõr

• fórumtag
  • 6.613 hozzászólás
Ez fenn van a pinkbike-on elég rég, be is linkeltem már valahova még akkor. Dave Wattson pedig valóban felkelt, a Rampage promo videojában benne van ! Legalábbis az, hogy felkel...

Shaun_Palmer

Shaun_Palmer

fórumfüggõ

• fórumtag
  • 4.323 hozzászólás
Találtam egy újság cikket Daren Butlerrõl:
Posted Image

Shaun_Palmer

Shaun_Palmer

fórumfüggõ

• fórumtag
  • 4.323 hozzászólás
Na itt van pár kép az idei Red Bull Rampage-ról:
0kéz elõreszaltó?? By Dave Wattson:
Posted Image
állítólag felkelt és befejezte a futamát, hatalmas tapsvivarban.
Szép próbálkozás arra, hogy hogyan gyere le a függõleges falon:
Posted Image
De azért még van mit javítani rajta:
Posted Image
És végül akiröl a Topic szól, miért is nem fejezte be a versenyt:
Posted Image
Az esése sajnos nincs meg sehol, de a kezét azt hazavágta.

zsomi

zsomi

vendég

• fórumtag
  • 221 hozzászólás
a teló 30-at mozog, a váz 28-at asszem(Karpiel apocalypse asszem).
A bender zene: Coldcut-Anti Love Song
és a Crusty Daemons-nak van egy része, amiben van bender, onnan lehet viszonyítani mennyi lehet. A bicaj 1,50 körül van

yanee

yanee

vendég

• fórumtag
  • 203 hozzászólás
akkor a teló meg 150 centi? vagyhát a kormány? azért az picit nagy... és mennyit is mozog? 25 centi?

trancer

trancer

vendég

• fórumtag
  • 50 hozzászólás

azt viszont kurvára bírom, hogy nagyobb a bringa mint a gyerek... ;D és ez milyen magas? 160 centi?meg aztis megnéztem hogy a nyereg teljesen levan nyomva, meg 70 centis nyerge van ;D

Nézd már meg a képen hogy mekkora állat teló van a cangában! Szerintem a csávó 180 cm kb..

yanee

yanee

vendég

• fórumtag
  • 203 hozzászólás
azt viszont kurvára bírom, hogy nagyobb a bringa mint a gyerek... ;D és ez milyen magas? 160 centi?meg aztis megnéztem hogy a nyereg teljesen levan nyomva, meg 70 centis nyerge van ;D